Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple 🍍 upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over.
This post may contain affiliate links. This is THE best easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from scratch! Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic. You can cook Pineapple 🍍 upside down cake using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple 🍍 upside down cake
- It's 8 of pineapple rings.
- Prepare 1/4 (1 cup) of grated coconuts.
- You need 1/4 cups of brown sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- It's of I teaspoon of baking powder.
This pineapple upside down cake is moist, tangy and easy to make. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Moist, tangy and easy to make, it's a great make-ahead dessert served with ice cream or custard. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious.
Pineapple 🍍 upside down cake step by step
- Butter your baking dish. A cast iron pan is my preferred option..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 170°C.
- Cream together your sugar and butter until it's really light and fluffy. (I use salted butter. So, I do not add salt to my recipe. Of you're using unsalted butter, you may like to add a pinch of salt to your flour mix).
- Sift your flour and baking powder together..
- Add your eggs to the butter - sugar mix one at a time. Waiting until each egg is properly incorporated..
- Mix the vanilla essence into the milk..
- Mix in the flour and the milk in a 3 to 2 method. This means flour - milk -flour - milk -flour. You always start with flour and end with flour..
- In your greased dish, sprinkle the brown sugar, evenly covering the bottom and sides of the dish..
- Layer the pineapple rings thinly cut. Sprinkle the coconut shavings per the pineapple rings..
- Pour your over the mix. Bang your pan on the counter two or three times, and bake for 25-35 minutes. Be careful to check for when it's done. A toothpick inserted inside would come out clean..
- Remove from the oven and turn it upside down while it's still warm. Slice and serve it up!.
- I served mine with a drizzle of delicious homemade yogurt..
We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. This homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a delicious caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake! There are two components to making this pineapple upside-down cake, the topping and the cake batter. Let's discuss how to prepare each one!