Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Franny's Upside Down Pineapple Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. The caramel pineapple topping is so good, you'll want to pick every crumb. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
Made with a soft, fluffy, and simple vanilla cake base that uses only the most basic. This homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a delicious caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake! There are two components to making this pineapple upside-down cake, the topping and the cake batter. You can cook Franny's Upside Down Pineapple Cake using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Franny's Upside Down Pineapple Cake
- It's of required ingredients.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter, Melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of Packed Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of 20 oz DOLE Pineapple Slices, Drained.
- Prepare 8 of Maraschino Cherries.
- Prepare 2 packages of 8 oz each PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Softened.
- You need 1 packages of 3.0 oz JELL-O Lemon Gelatin.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 packages of 9 oz Yellow Cake Mix.
Let's discuss how to prepare each one! This skillet pineapple upside-down cake is baked in a cast iron skillet and served warm. However the outside was beginning to burn. This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories.
Franny's Upside Down Pineapple Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° Bake 65-75 minutes or untill toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL 5 minutes. Loosen edges and turn out into serving platter..
- Spray 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray. STIR together melted butter and brown sugar in pan. Place 8 pineapple slices in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center if each pineapple; cut remaining 2 slices of pineapple in half and place decoratively around slice in center of pan. PREPARE cake mix accordingly to the package directions. Pour half of cake batter evenly over pineapple. Beat cream cheese, lemon gelatin powder and eggs in bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture gently over cake mix. Pour remaining cake mix over cream cheese mix in pan..
A Pineapple Upside Down Cake consists of lovely caramelized slices of pineapple and a buttery white cake. A time when canned pineapple was all the rage. One look at this cake and you can see why it was so popular. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.