Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- It's 3 of Egg.
- It's 200 of Flour.
- It's 200 of Sugar Powdered.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- It's 2 drops of Pineapple essence.
- It's 4 of Pineapple rings.
- Prepare 200 of unsalted Butter.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- Melt 3tablespoon sugar in half cup of water to make a sugar syrup (medium consistency) and keep that aside to cool..
- Grease the cake dish with butter and arrange the pineapple rings with cherries in between..
- Pour the sugar syrup over the pineapple and cherries..
- In a container, beat the egg whites until it becomes stiff..
- Sieve together flour and baking powder and keep this aside.
- In another container, beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy..
- Now add egg yolks one by one to the above mixture. Beat the mix each time you add the yolk..
- Fold in the flour mixture and egg white alternately to the above mixture..
- Pour this batter over the pineapple rings and bake in an oven at 250F for 40-45mins.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.