Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Doctored up from a box/quick and easy).
You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Doctored up from a box/quick and easy) using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Doctored up from a box/quick and easy)
- It's 1 of Duncan Hines pineapple supreme signature cake mix ** JUST THE MIX! Do Not Add what it says on the box plus what I've put here. **.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It's 1 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed.
- You need 1 can of (20 ounces) pineapple rings, with UNSWEETENED pineapple juice.
- Prepare 7 of maraschino cherries, dabbed dry.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice from the canned rings, OR water.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Doctored up from a box/quick and easy) instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 for dark coated pans, 350 for metal and glass pans.
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Add brown sugar to melted butter, stir until mostly dissolved.
- Pour into a greased springform pan (that is placed on a baking sheet) I prefer springform vs bundt cake pans, just a preference. You can use whatever baking vessel you like. Baking times will vary, I'll add a picture of the back of the box for reference.
- Now, drain the can of pineapple slices, SAVING THE JUICE! This is key. You will use the juice in place of water needed in the batter..
- Place rings on top of brown sugar and butter mixture. Add a dabbed dry maraschino cherry to the middle of each ring. Dabbing helps keep the red juice from extra staining to the cake and the rings..
- Now, add the 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, the oil and eggs to the cake mix. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes, pour batter over the rings..
- Note: if you do not have enough juice to make 1 cup, simply add water to the juice until you reach the 1 cup mark..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean..
- Run a knife between the cake and pan so make sure it's loosened before flipping. Let cake cool for about 5 minutes before flipping. This insures the topping won't run off, but will still release from pan without difficulty..
- For easy flipping: place the platter on top of the pan. Firmly hold the platter against pan and invert quickly. It can be scary, but just try to stay calm! :).
- Now let cool about 20 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!.
- Bake times/vessel(s).