Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can cook Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 12 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare 5 of Del Monte canned pineapple slices.
- It's 10 of Del Monte canned cherries.
- It's 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla or pineapple essence.
Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180C..
- Melt butter..
- Pour the butter into a 9-inch springform cake pan. Grease the sides by tilting the pan. Spread the butter evenly in the bottom of pan with help of a spatula or hands..
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the butter..
- Add 1 whole pineapple slice to the center of the pan..
- Halve the remaining slices. Arrange them in a fan-like fashion going around the cake..
- Place 1 cherry in the center of the whole pineapple slice in the middle of the pan..
- And also place 1 cherry in the center cutout of all the fanned pineapple slices; set pan aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar..
- Heat pineapple juice in a sauce pan to lukewarm temperature. (I crushed Delmonte pineapple slices in a mixer and strained to get 1 cup juice).
- I put very small quanitity of crushed pineapples in the juice..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together; vegetable oil, vanilla / pineapple essence and vinegar..
- Add this wet mixture to dry ingredients..
- Immediately pour pineapple juice..
- Mix the whole mixture thoroughly. But do not overmix..
- Gently pour batter into prepared pan, being careful to not disturb the pineapple slices. Fill pan only to about 3/4 full..
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until center is set and not jiggly..
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before inverting..
- This cake tastes yummy when eaten warm. Also can be eaten cold..