Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 425 g of tin of pinneapple rings.
- It's 1 handful of cherries or raspberries.
- Prepare 115 g of butter.
- It's 115 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of vanilla extract.
- You need 115 g of self raising flour.
- It's 1/2 TSP of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pineapple juice (from the tin).
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Line the baking tin with butter and greaseproof paper,then butter the paper well..
- Arrange the pineapple rings and glance cherries or raspberries over the paper as u wish set a side.
- Whisk together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy,then whisk in the eggs,one at a time. Fold in the flour and baking powder,then stir in the pineapple juice.
- Carefully spread the mixture over the pineapple rings and glace cherries or raspberries smoth down,then transfer to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Invert on to a wire rack and remove the tin.
- Pell off the paper and allow to cool down completely before slicing.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.