Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 2 tbs of butter or margarine.
- It's 2/3 of brown sugar.
- You need 9 slices of pineapple.
- You need 9 of dried heya.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Pineapple syrup(drained from the pineapple can).
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbs of oil (if using croma).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat your oven then line a 9" or two smaller tins like I did. Assemble your ingredients so that you work easier and faster..
- Melt the 2 tbs margarine/butter on a non stick pan over low heat. Pour it in your lined Tins..
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter/margarine..
- Arrange pineapple slices over the brown sugar. Place a dried heya in the center of each pineapple slice..
- In a mixing bowl,cream the remaining butter/margarine and sugar then add in beaten eggs,vanilla,pineapple syrup,water,oil and salt..
- In a separate bowl,sieve/aerate flour and baking powder. Make a well and pour the wet mixture above to make batter..
- Pour over the pineapple and then bake for 50-55mins at 180°.
- Let the cake cool for 5mins then turn it over a plate and let it cool that way then pull out the tin after a while longer..
- Serve while somewhat warm. I'm sprung!!.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.