Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside-down cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- It's 4 oz of butter, softened.
- You need 4 oz of caster sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 oz of self raising flour.
- Prepare of For the topping.
- It's 16 oz of tin pineapple rings, drained.
- It's 1 1/2 oz of butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of soft Brown sugar (I used dark, but your choice).
- It's of Glace cherries.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside-down cake instructions
- Pre heat oven to 190 c, 180 fan. Lightly grease an 8 inch round tin..
- Cream together butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the eggs, one at a time, if mix splits add spoonful of flour..
- Gradually add the rest of the flour, mix lightly after each addition..
- Cut all but one of the pineapple ring in half, arrange in the bottom of prepared tin. Place glace cherries in 'holes..
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the brown sugar and stir. Pour over the pineapple..
- Spread the cake mix over the fruit, bake in centre of preheated oven for 40-45minutes, check with skewer or toothpick..
- When cooked immediately turn out onto a plate..
- Can be eaten warm or cold, cut in to wedges,with cream or ice cream..
- Does not keep well, so best eaten on the day..
Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means.