Delicious, fresh and tasty.
pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of pineapple upside-down cake
- It's 20 oz of can on pineapple rings.
- You need 2/3 cup of butter (melted).
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- It's 6 of eggs(seperated).
- It's 2 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 cup of flour.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of maraschino cherries.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
pineapple upside-down cake step by step
- in and ungrease 9x13 glass baking dish combine melted butter and brown sugar.
- drain the can of pineapple reserving all the juice.
- arrange pineapple in two rows along the lengthwise sides of the dish then take the last two slices and cut the in half and place them between the rows of whole pineapple slices.
- sprinkle the chopped pecans over the pineapple and set the dish aside.
- in a large bowl beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- gradually add sugar beating well.
- blend in vanilla and reserved pineapple juice.
- combine flour,baking powder, salt and add to batter beating well.
- in another bowl beat egg whites on high speed untill stiff peaks form.
- fold egg whites into the batter.
- spoon the batter into the 9x13 dish.
- bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- let stand for 10 minutes then invert to your serving dish.
- place cherries in the center of the pineapples.
Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means.