Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- Prepare 1 box of yellow cake mix.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- It's 1 can of Pineapple rings.
- It's 10 of marachino cherries.
- You need 1 tbsp of rum or rum extract.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- Prepare cake as directed on box.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together.
- Spread butter and brown sugar mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan.
- Layer with pineapple rings and maraschino cherries.
- Pour cake batter over the pineapple.
- Bake as directed on the back of the cake box.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.