Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
You can cook Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It's 1 box of butter golden yellow cake mix. Can make homemade cake also.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple juice from drained pineapples.
- It's 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It's 1 can of sliced or chunked pineapple (see note).
- You need 1 jar of maraschino cherries drained.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare of ××× note×××.
- It's Can of use crushed pineapple but drain well.
Cast iron skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- I use iron skillet but cake pan will do. Round pan will make 2 cakes.
- Place stick of butter in skillet and place in oven to melt butter..
- When melted, sprinkle brown sugar over butter and press down..
- Place pineapple rings in a circle and fill up pan..
- Place cherries in holes in pineapple..
- Mix cake according to box directions but use reserved pineapple juice in place of water..
- Pour cake batter over the top of pineapples evenly..
- Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- When cake is done, flip out cake onto a plate or pan that is bigger than the pan..
- Be careful when flipping out of pan. The sugar syrup is very hot and will burn you..
- Let cool and enjoy!.