Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare of Butter for greasing.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 can of pineapple rings.
- It's of Glace cherries.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 of bicarbonate of soda.
- It's 100 g of margarine, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Buttera round baking lose bottom tin. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the buttered base, and then arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern as in the picture..
- Fill each pineapple ring with a glace cherry, and then dot one in each of the spaces in between..
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Then pour in the 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice to thin it a little..
- Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it out gently. Bake for 30 minutes, then ease a spatula around the edge of the tin, place a plate on top and turn it upside-down..
- Serve with vanilla custard.
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.