Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can cook Pineapple upside down cake using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 stick or 8 tbsp of unsalted butter or unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of white granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- It's As needed of Maraschino cherries for decoration (Optional).
- It's of Topping Ingredients.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup of butter.
- It's 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 10-12 of fresh pineapple rings.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside down cake instructions
- Topping Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch iron skillet generously with cooking spray. Add the butter to the skillet and melt in the preheated oven. Remove skillet, sprinkle in brown sugar and arrange pineapple rings on top. Set aside or on top of stove while you make the cake batter.
- Cake instructions: Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another bowl using a mixer cream butter, sugar and eggs. Add milk, vanilla and pineapple juice along with creamed butter, sugar and eggs to flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are wet. Spread in skillet over pineapple.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven on middle shelf for 35 to 45 minutes until center tests done. Remove from oven and let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out onto plate or platter. Decorate with cherries..
Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means. Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes.