Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Pineapple upside-down cake. This pineapple upside down cake is dense, like a sour cream pound cake, with ground almonds in the flour to give it even more substance and a slight almond flavor. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. This pineapple upside down cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
This classic pineapple upside-down cake makes a fun centrepiece for afternoon tea and brings back many childhood memories. Pineapple upside down cake is a retro favourite that's stood the test of time for good reason. Spoon into the prepared cake tin. You can have Pineapple upside-down cake using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside-down cake
- Prepare 4 of tsp,butter,Melted, divided.
- It's 4 tsp. of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of canned unsweetened pineapple slices.
- You need 2 of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp. of Sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It's Dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
Cut seven of the pineapple rings in half to make semi-circles and arrange around the tin - you may only need six of the rings depending on how tightly you pack the slices. This Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake features a caramelized pineapple topping and an incredibly buttery, moist cake. Today's recipe is one I've always loved and I think you'll love too - this easy pineapple upside-down cake. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it's made.
Pineapple upside-down cake step by step
- Pour 1/2 tsp. Butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice ; set aside..
- In a small bowl,combine flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk,vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple..
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm..
Vegan pineapple upside down cake from scratch! Not only is this easy recipe vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), but it's also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and healthier than most classic pineapple upside down cakes. Pineapple upside down cake is so delicious. We have simplified it so much that you can make it in about an hour. If you have fresh pineapple by all means.