Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Vanilla Sponge Cake. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Butter Cake. Vanilla, or plain, sponge cake is a standard baking item for any baker who loves making cakes. The traditional sponge uses plain or all-purpose flour with a lot of beating to ensure the rising.
Top the layers with whipped cream and fresh strawberries for a perfect summer dessert! A delicious, light vanilla sponge birthday cake recipe. Quick and simple to make and perfect for decorating to make a birthday really special. You can have Vanilla Sponge Cake using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Sponge Cake
- It's of Dry Ingredients :.
- It's 1-1/2 cup of (- 3 tbsp) : Maida.
- You need 3 tbsp of : Cornflour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of : Baking soda.
- Prepare 1-1/4 tsp of : Baking powder.
- It's 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients :.
- It's 1 cup of : Curd unsour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of : Oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of : Powder sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of : Vanilla essence.
- You need 1/4 cup of or as needed : Milk (to adjust the consistency of the batter if it is too thick.).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of : Honey.
- It's 1 tbsp of : White vinegar.
- Prepare of Ingredients for topping :.
- It's 3 tbsp of minced or chopped : Almonds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of : Brown Sugar (for sprinkle on top before baking).
Use a knife, loosen the sides of the cakes and carefully turn them out onto wire racks. Nithi's. rich vanilla sponge cake is made with minimum and basic ingredients that are somehow available in every well maintained Indian household pantry! This Indian style vanilla sponge cake is not only. Vanilla sponge cake roll is light, moist & filled with an easy mascarpone whipped cream.
Vanilla Sponge Cake step by step
- In a bowl take maida, cornflour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Keep aside..
- In another bowl mix sugar, curd, oil and vanilla essence..
- Mix well till sugar dissolves. Keep aside for 15 min..
- Now mix it with beater to a smooth mixture..
- Now mix maida cornflour mix to the curd mixture..
- Mix properly so that no lumps should remain..
- Batter will be thick at this point..
- Now add milk and mix well..
- Consistency of the batter should be thick but pouring..
- Preheat oven to 180*C for 10 min..
- Grease and dust baking tin and keep aside..
- Now take the batter and mix honey and white vinegar..
- Pour the cake batter in the cake tin and sprinkle brown sugar and top with almonds. Do not mix..
- Place baking tin in pre heated oven and bake for 40 min or till done..
- Take it out of the oven and let it remain in the cake tin and let it cool completely..
- Take it out of the tin..
- Slice and serve..
It makes the perfect dessert for a shower or party. Best of all Vanilla Sponge cake is one of the most basic cake recipes. Made from staple ingredients found in our kitchen, this cake is extremely easy to make. Vanilla Sponge Cake - light, airy, fluffy, eggy, not-too-sweet cake with ah-mazing vanilla flavor. This Vanilla Sponge Cake is made without butter or oil.