Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Fresh Orange Vanilla Sponge Cake.
You can cook Fresh Orange Vanilla Sponge Cake using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Orange Vanilla Sponge Cake
- It's 6 of eggs + 1 egg white.
- You need 180 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 45 g of cornflour.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated orange zest.
- It's 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 180 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Buttercream icing.
- It's 200 g of icing sugar.
- It's 200 g of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of milk.
- It's of Vanilla essence.
- You need of Orange food color.
Fresh Orange Vanilla Sponge Cake step by step
- Separate eggs, place egg yolks in one bowl and egg whites in another plus the extra egg white.
- Preheat oven to 170°c.
- In bowl place sifted flour, sugar (take 1/4 cup out), baking powder, salt. add orange zest and whisk until combined.
- Make well in the center and add the egg yolks, oil, orange juice, and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites and beat until soft peaks form. gradually beat the 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- With rubber spatula gently fold egg whites in 3 additions until just blended. Be careful not to deflate batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until wooden skewer or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Decorate as desired.
- Butter cream icing. Add sugar and butter to bowl. Whisk with mixer until light and fluffy. Add milk and orange food color, whisk to combine well. Decorate cake.