Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwaelder Kirsch Torte).
You can have Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwaelder Kirsch Torte) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwaelder Kirsch Torte)
- It's 75 Grams of Butter.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 180 Grams of Sugar.
- It's 100 Grams of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 50 Grams of Cornstarch (Speisestaerke).
- Prepare 140 Grams of Chocolate Bittersweet ( Kuvertuere, Zartbitter).
- Prepare (drained weight) 800 glass jar of Cherries from a Grams.
- It's 500 Millilitres of cherries Juice from.
- It's 4 Tablespoons of Cornstarch , (levelled).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- It's 100 Millilitres of Kirschwasser (Liquor).
- It's 800 Millilitres of Cream Whipped.
- Prepare 3 Packet of Vanilla Sugar.
- You need 17 of Cherries (candied).
- It's 100 Grams of Chocolate shavings , Bittersweet.
Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwaelder Kirsch Torte) instructions
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with butter in a waterbath. Seperate the eggs. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. (Ref: See links & videos in Step 8.).
- Beat egg yolks with sugar till fluffy. Stir in bittersweet chocolate. Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder into the egg whites and lightly fold.(Ref: Folding -See link in Step 9.).
- Fill the mix in a baking paper lined springform pan. Preheat the oven at 175 degree celsius. Bake it for 40-45 minutes. Leave it to cool on a wire rack. After it is cooled, divide the cake twice horizontally (3 layers).(Ref: See video in step 9.).
- Pour sour cherries through a sieve and seperate the juice, mix corstarch with sugar and stir with juice until smooth. Bring the remaining juice to boil, add cornstarch and bring to a boil, add the cherries and let it cool slightly, and set it by pouring half of the cherry liquor (Kirschwasser)..
- Soak the the 2 layers of cake with cherry liquor (Kirschwasser) and distribute the half of the cherry mixture and let it cool and allowed to gel..
- Whip the cream until stiff with vanilla sugar. Place the first layer on the cake plate and spread quarter of the whipped cream on top. Repeat it with second layer and cover it with the layer of biscuit base. Flavour it with cherry water too..
- Brush the cake around with cream, fill the rest for decorating into a piping bag. Cover the edge and the surface with grated chocolate. Decorate the outside with 16 cream rosette and in the middle with a cream rosette and place a cherry on top of each rosette and the cake is done!.
- Melt chocolate http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/techniques/melting_chocolateBeat Eggwhites to stiff peaks http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/tools-and-techniques/how-to-cook-eggs3.htmhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEfO4cL-yqM.
- Folding http://www.homebaking.org/glossary/old_glossary.html#.UpeoicRLM4wVideos : Cut cake into layers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHyGSrCm8c8.