Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Eggless black forest cake. Eggless Black Forest Cake- layers of chocolate cake filled with sweetened whipped cream & cherries and topped with shaved chocolate. This classic cake is the perfect dessert to celebrate Valentine's Day or just about any occasion! Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Using good quality ingredients, chocolate, cream and cherries is vital to the success of this recipe. Every time I see the snap of Black Forest Cake, I am so tempted to try it at home. But thinking about the richness of the cake and the calories, I just stay away from it. You can have Eggless black forest cake using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggless black forest cake
- It's 1 1/2 cup of All Purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of whipped cream.
- Prepare 15-20 of cherries,chopped.
- It's of Few whole cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar syrup.
- You need 8-10 tbsp of chocolate shavings.
Eggless black forest cake or black forest gateau, is moist and golden brown in colour, is made up of lot's of cherries. Back in nineties, when first time I had I did some research online about the cake and I got very interesting facts which I want to share with you. Based on history of the Black Forest Cake. Black forest cake is my most favourite cake.
Eggless black forest cake instructions
- To bake the cake, sieve all the dry ingredients together,flour,cocoa powder,sugar,salt and baking soda..
- Add vinegar to the milk and let it stand for a minute..
- Then add in the oil and vanilla essence to the milk..
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well till Incorporated..
- Put the cake mix in a dusted and lined pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes till a skewer comes out clean..
- Let the cake cool down and then demould..
- After the cake is completely cool,using a knife slit it horizontally into two halves. Slice the upper half also into a flat one if it is domed..
- Put half of the sugar syrup on the lower half of the cake and then coat it with whipped cream..
- Spread the chopped cherries on the whipped cream and cover it with upper half of the cake..
- Pour the rest of the sugar syrup evenly on the upper half of the cake and then frost it well on top and sides with whipped cream..
- Refrigerate the cake till the crumb coat sets and then coat it again with whipped cream..
- Using the star noxzle or any other nozzle,frost the cake with whipped cream..
- Sprinkle some chocolate shavings and leftover cake crumbs(cut part from the upper half) in the middle of the cake..
- Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on the sides of the cake and garnish with whole cherries on the top..
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours and then serve..
Making black forest cake at home is like dream came true for me. Do you generally end up ordering Black Forest Cake from the baker's because you think it takes too long to make? Next time, just bring home (or make by yourself) a chocolate sponge, and you can prepare the Black Forest Cake right in your kitchen and that too within minutes. You can make tempting black forest cake with two to three layers of whipped cream and chocolate to celebrate any occasion. How to Make a Black Forest Cake.