Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest Cake.
You can have Black Forest Cake using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- It's of For the cake.
- Prepare 265 g of plain flour.
- It's 400 g of caster sugar.
- It's 65 g of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It's 3/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 240 ml of milk.
- Prepare 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the cherry filling.
- Prepare 3 (425 g) of tins black cherries in syrup.
- Prepare 200 g of caster sugar.
- It's 4 tablespoons of cornflour.
- You need 120 ml of Kirsch.
- It's of For the cream icing.
- You need 500 ml of whipping cream.
- Prepare 425 g of icing sugar.
- It's 250 gm of unsalted butter for chocolate icing.
- You need of Cocoa powder for chocolate icing.
Black Forest Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour two 23cm (9 in) round cake tins; cover bottoms with baking parchment. In a large bowl, combine flour, 400g sugar, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil; beat until well blended. Pour cake mixture into prepared tins..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked. Remove and cool completely. To make the cherry filling: Drain cherries, reserving 125ml juice. Combine reserved juice, cherries, 200g sugar and cornflour in a 2 litre saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool before using..
- To make the icing: Combine whipping cream and icing sugar in a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1/4 of the whipped cream icing for decorating cake; set aside..
- To assemble: Place one cake layer on cake plate. Pour the Kirsch through out the layers. Spread with whipped cream icing, then top with 180ml cherry topping. Top with second cake layer. Ice side of cake with chocolate butter icing. Spoon reserved icing into pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. Spoon remaining cherry topping onto top of cake..