Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest Cake.
You can have Black Forest Cake using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- It's 1 2/3 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 4 oz of kirsch (brandy).
- Prepare 12 oz of buttermilk.
- You need 16 oz of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 3 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It's 1 oz of semisweet baking chocolate.
- It's 4 oz of shortening.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 8 oz of butter.
- It's 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 3 tsp of kirsch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of coffee (very strong).
- Prepare 14 oz of sweet cherries in heavy syrup, drained.
- You need 12 oz of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Black Forest Cake instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake flour, baking soda, cocoa and one teaspoon salt through a sieve, mix well and keep it aside..
- Cream shortening in a medium-sized mixing bowl and add sugar to it. Stir continuously till the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add eggs along with the vanilla essence into it and mix thoroughly..
- Add the above mixture into the flour mixture, along with 8 ounces of buttermilk (alternatively). Mix well till all the ingredients are blended completely..
- Take two 8 inch round pans and place parchment circles at the surfaces and pour the prepared cake mixture into it. Bake both the pans in a 350°F preheated oven for at least 35-40 minutes or till it is completely done. Do the toothpick test to check whether the cake is baked fully before taking it out..
- Let the baked cakes cool completely on a wire rack. Once this is done, slice the cakes from the center horizontally. Pour 1 ounce kirsch each on the cut side of both the cakes and set aside..
- Beat the butter in another bowl till it becomes light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt, coffee, remaining buttermilk, confectioners sugar and mix well..
- Take one layer of the cake on a plate and spread 1/3 of the filling on it evenly. Place 1/3 of the cherries on top of it and place another layer of cake above it and repeat the same procedure..
- Once all the layers have been filled, make a mixture with 3 teaspoons kirsch and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and pour over the cake. Prepare icing by whisking cream in a bowl and adding it to the uppermost layer. To decorate the cake, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of the cake..