Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest Cake.
You can have Black Forest Cake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of maida.
- It's 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sugar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It's 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It's of Chocolate curls or grated chocolate.
- It's 1/2 cup of tinned cherries.
Black Forest Cake step by step
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.Grease an 8 inch round tin.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar for 8 to 10 mins,or until thick and pale.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder over the egg mixture and fold in gently, adding milk as you mix.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Bake for 30 mins or till done.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cake in the tin for 5 mins to cool. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the cake horizontally and sprinkle each half with cherry syrup from tinned cherries.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks are formed.
- Place the bottom of the cake on a plate or cake stand,spread half the cream over it. Cover with top half of the cake. Use the remaining cream to cover the top and sides.
- Decorate with chocolate curls and cherries.
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve.