Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes). In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, egg. My take on my salmon croquettes recipe. Whatever you call them, they're sure to be a win with your entire family, especially when served with a cool, creamy lemon sauce.
You make salmon patties with just a base of canned salmon, shredded bread (or breadcrumbs or even saltines), chopped onion, and egg to bind it all into patties, and then these salmon cakes are quickly fried. These delicious Salmon Croquettes are an easy soul food classic done right! Salmon croquettes are basically a southern version of a salmon cake or salmon patty. You can cook Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes)
- Prepare 15 Ounce of Can Salmon (well drained).
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion (fine diced).
- It's 2 of Celery Stalks (fine diced).
- Prepare 1 of \2 Green Bell Pepper (fine diced).
- It's 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 of Egg Slightly Beatened.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Worcester Sauce.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Seafood Seasoning (old bay).
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Sleeve Crushed Butter Crackers.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
What Makes The Best Salmon Croquette Recipe? Nothing makes salmon better than enhancing the flavors of the simple ingredients. Salmon Patties - quick to prepare, golden and crispy on the outside, moist and savoury on the inside with lovely big flakes of salmon! A very easy salmon cakes recipe that can be made with either canned salmon OR fresh salmon.
Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) instructions
- Drain salmon well. Pick through and discard any unwanted bones..
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until soft. I use some butter and olive oil to do this..
- Fold in the rest of ingredients, saving the cracker crumbs and vegetable oil for last. Shape into patty's and coat the outside with the butter cracker crumbs. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up If using dried parsley, 1 teaspoon is plenty..
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Enjoy. Note: These are best eaten hot and and fresh..
Salmon cakes (a.k.a. salmon patties) are a great example of how quick and easy it can be to get dinner on the table when you have a well-stocked pantry. Easy Healthy Low Carb Salmon Cakes Recipe Notes. Canned salmon comes in two varieties - sockeye or red salmon, and chum or pink. Learn how to make salmon patties with this easy recipe and get more inspiration and ideas from Food.com. This recipe is so simple and takes hardly any time at all.