Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest Cake.
You can cook Black Forest Cake using 24 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- You need 7 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of //2 cup cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate.
- You need 80 gm of dark chocolate to garnish.
- Prepare of For the Rum Syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Mix until it dissolves completely.
- You need of Put whatever remains in the fridge for later use.
- You need of Whipping Cream.
- Prepare 500 ml of whipping cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's of Add all ingredients together and whisk until soft peaks form.
- You need of Put whatever remains in fridge for later use.
- You need of Strawberries.
- Prepare 250 g of strawberries.
- You need of Wash them thoroughly.
- It's of Pick 8 good ones for garnishing the top and chop the rest.
- It's of into small pieces for using inside the black forest cake.
Black Forest Cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease the baking tin and dust with flour.
- Separate eggs, leaving whites in a bowl and yolks in a cup.
- Whisk the egg whites until fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Add the yolks and continue whisking until well mixed.
- Add sugar and continue whisking.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake at 180 degrees for 40 min.
- Let it cool before you ice it.
- With a knife cut the cake into three equal parts.
- Brush with 1 cup rum syrup making sure all slices are moist.
- Place bottom slice on board, apply 1/3 of the cream and half the cut strawberries.
- Place the next slice, apply 1/3 of the cream and the remaining strawberries.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream and shave chocolate onto the cake.
- Garnish the top with the selected strawberries cut into halves..