Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black forest cake. This deliciously moist Black Forest Cake is a cut above the rest with homemade whipped cream, rich chocolate ganache, and sweet spiked cherries. To me, a Black Forest Cake is a party cake. What says "celebration" more than chocolate cake, Kirsch flavored Morello cherries, and loads of sweet whipped cream?
Made with three layers of light and fluffy chocolate cake that are topped with homemade cherry filling and fresh whipped cream. Black Forest gâteau (British English) or Black Forest cake (American English) is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. Black Forest Cake (Black Forest Gateau if you're British) comes to us from Germany, a country that is so serious about Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cherry-Torte) that they actually have. You can cook Black forest cake using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black forest cake
- Prepare of For the chocolate cake.
- You need 200 gm of plain flour.
- You need 50 gm of cocoa powder.
- You need 30 gm of fine sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda/ sodium bicarbonate.
- You need 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 150 gm of butter.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- It's 250 ml of water.
- You need of For the cherry syrup.
- It's 175 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherries.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of For the whipped cream.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of whipping cream.
- Prepare of for Garnishing.
- It's as needed of chocolate shavings.
- You need as needed of cherry.
It is frosted with whipped cream and covered with chocolate shavings and a few cherries for. Easy eggless black forest cake for beginners. Chocolate and cherry are a classic pairing in this traditional cake from the southwest region of Germany, which has inspired our own mile-high rendition. Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake.
Black forest cake instructions
- Begin by greasing and lining the bases of two 8” round cake tins with greaseproof paper/baking parchment/butter paper. Alternately use a deep 9” or 10” round pan and then cut the cake into layers. If you have only one tin then, you can bake twice using the same cake batter..
- In a mixing bowl, assemble 200 gm (1 1/2 cups) flour, 50 gm (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, 30 gm (4 tbsp) sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda, mix with a spoon and sieve once to make the mixture uniform. Preheat the oven at about 150 c/300F..
- Add in the condensed milk, 150 gm melted butter, 1 tbsp vanilla and 250 ml (1 cup) water to the flour mixture. Beat with an electric hand mixer, stand mixer, whisk or spoon just until the mixture is uniform and smooth and there are no lumps. This shouldn’t take more than a minute with an electric hand mixer/beater. Be careful not to over beat as this tends to stiffen the batter which might lead to a less softer cake..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake for 25 to 30 or until a skewer or toothpick comes out clean. After the cakes are done, allow them to rest in their tins for 3 to 4 minutes and then invert them on to a cooling rack..
- Place one half of the cake over a serving plate. Put some cherry syrup all over it. Spread the whipped cream, leaving 1/4” space at the borders. Place the strained cherries over it..
- Carefully place the other half of the cake and moisten it with the cherry syrup. With the help of a palette knife level both the cakes, by pressing the knife over the sides, rotating the cake at the same time. Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form..
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake and cover it over the sides as well. With the help of a cone and an icing nozzle place stars or rosettes on the edges of the cake. To make it prettier, place a cherry on the top of each design..
- With the help of a vegetable peeler, peel a bar of chocolate to get chocolate curls. Place some chocolate curls in the centre of the cake. If the temperature is hot, then you can chill your chocolate and that will make it easier to shave off the chocolate. Place some mini chocolate curls on the sides of the cake as well. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours before slicing..
Homemade cake, sour cherry filling, and topped with whipped cream. Everything about this rich black forest cake is mouthwatering. This Black Forest Cake is a glorious combination of chocolate devil's food cake layered with sweet cherry filling and light ermine buttercream frosting in this modified version of a German original. Make this gorgeous Black Forest Cake for your next occasion! Moist chocolate cake, layered with fresh I really think this Black Forest Cake might be my crowning cherry-chocolate achievement.