Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Ganache-Topped Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Ganache-Topped Chocolate Cake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ganache-Topped Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 ounces of 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of boiling water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of ganache.
- It's 1/4 cup of half-and-half cream.
- You need 3 ounces of 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped.
Ganache-Topped Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour boiling water over chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in sugar, buttermilk, egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; whisk into chocolate mixture just until blended..
- Transfer to a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Place rack on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet..
- For ganache, bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Slowly pour over cake, allowing some ganache to drape over sides..
- Refrigerate until serving. If desired, sprinkle with raspberries, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Cut into wedges.