Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Black Forest cake.
You can cook Black Forest cake using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Forest cake
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sour cherry juice, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream.
- It's 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of canned sour cherries.
- It's 1 oz. of semi sweet chocolate.
Black Forest cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease two 8" cake pans..
- To make the cake, sift together the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Beat the eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Carefully fold the flour into the beaten egg. Pour the cake batter into the greased pans. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cakes completely..
- To make the syrup, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup of the sour cherry juice and the granulated sugar to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves..
- To make the filling, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, the confectioners’ sugar, and the remaining ¼ cup of sour cherry juice..
- To assemble the cake, turn the cakes out onto 2 cake plates. Spread ½ of the syrup mixture over each cake. Let sit for 5 minutes, then spread ⅓ of the whipped cream filling over 1 cake. Add ½ cup of the cherries. Place the other cake on top. Spread the remaining ⅔ of the filling over the top and sides of the cake. Place the cherries on the top of the cake and the sides..
- Grate the chocolate and sprinkle on top of the cake. Chill until ready to serve..