Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Sponge lemon cake. Top this citrussy sponge with lemon icing and candied peel. Set the cake on a serving plate or cake stand, then spoon over the icing, allowing it to drip down the sides a little. Easy Lemon Cake - A delicious, moist all-in-one lemon sponge.
Add the lemon juice and mix it in gently. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy and lemon coloured. You can have Sponge lemon cake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sponge lemon cake
- It's 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's of Sugar as desired.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of butter.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
Lemon sponge: Light and fluffy, this beautiful lemon sponge cake is a great variation on a classic. Browse our lemon sponge cake recipes for a light and luscious sponge with a welcome hint of bright citrus flavour. Spread with lemon curd for a lemony treat. Our lemon sponge cake is an absolute classic no matter what the English weather has in store for us.
Sponge lemon cake instructions
- Blend your butter until it completely soft. Add the eggs one at a time..
- Add the dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder and sugar. Blend well. Here you can add your milk slowly to a desired consistent..
- Add the lemon zest.. If you desire more of the lemon taste a little bit of lemon juice is fine to add(optional). More milk to make it abit smooth..
- Preheat your oven as your prepare your baking bowl.. 25 to 30 minutes baking time at 150 °c..
- Ps: If you add more of the ingredients for a larger cake. Please ensure you consider the baking time too..
- Enjoy with your warm cup of milk. Or your tea..
Have your lemon sponge cake sent to you, or to a friend or relative for a wonderful surprise. Close-up of a plate with a slice of cake. The lemon cake batter is velvety and thick. She is fine with Sally's cakes. Lemon Sponge Pudding Recipe & Video.