Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes ..
You can have Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes . using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes .
- It's 115 grams of softened butter.
- It's 250 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of strawberry yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbanate of soda.
- You need 225 grams of fresh strawberries - mashed.
- It's 200 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of coloured icing pencils ..
- It's 1 packages of green mint leaf lollies ..
- It's 1 of strawberry icing.
- Prepare 30 grams of butter - softened.
- It's 120 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of strawberry quick / flavour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mashed strawberries or 1 teaspoon of red or pink food colouring ..
- It's 1 of green icing.
- Prepare 30 grams of softened butter.
- You need 120 grams of icing sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of green food colouring.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Amy's Little Strawberry Sponge Cakes . step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F..
- grease cup cake tins and set aside tell needed ..
- in a small bowl cream together the butter and the caster sugar then add the beaten eggs and beat for 1 minute then stir in the vanilla essence and salt to the mix and combine all well to..
- In another bowl stir together the yogurt and bicarbonate of soda till the soda has dissolved then bed the yogurt mix into the egg mix along with the flour and beat well to combine all well , now stir in the mashed strawberries to combine ..
- Pour the batter mixture into the prepared tins and place in middle of oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or till golden or until top springs back when lightly touched . remove from heat and let cool a little in the trays once cooled place on cooling rack to cool completely before icing ..
- Making The Strawberry Icing :.
- cream together the butter and icing sugar then add the milk , strawberries flavour and mashed strawberries and beat well until smooth but a little thick , if too runny add 1 spoonful of icing sugar at a time till desired consistency . Spread over lower part of the strawberry cakes to represent a strawberry ..
- To Make Green Icing :.
- follow the instructions for the strawberry icing but add to top of cakes as to represent leaves of a strawberry ..
- Add the mint leave lollies to look like strawberry leaves . using icing pens place dots onto the strawberry icing to represent seeds of the strawberry . Serve and enjoy . :-) ..