Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Plain sponge cake. This is a simple sponge cake recipe - you can serve it plain sandwiched with jam to make a Victoria sponge cake, or fill with buttercream for a birthday cake. Make a classic sponge cake with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Find more cake recipes at BBC Good Food. plain cake is known as sponge cake which has the same characteristics of sponge with look and softness.
Plain Sponge Cake Recipe, Baking can be the perfect therapy and this sponge cake is the best way to start your journey into the wonderful world of baking. Sponge cake is a light cake made with eggs, flour and sugar, sometimes leavened with baking powder. Sponge cakes, leavened with beaten eggs, originated during the Renaissance, possibly in Spain. You can cook Plain sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plain sponge cake
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It's 5 of eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of castor sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
It's a plain vanilla sponge cake without oven and I have also shared a video procedure below to make this vanilla sponge cake which is fluffy and soft. The cake has not turned dry and it has turned. Sponge cake is a cake based on flour, sugar, and eggs, and is sometimes leavened with baking powder. It has a firm, yet well-aerated structure, similar to a sea sponge.
Plain sponge cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large cake tin and set aside.
- Mix boiling water and oil and set aside to cool..
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and castor sugar until just combined (do not overbeat).
- Add sifted flour and baking powder to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla essence to the egg mixture and mix again.
- Slowly add the water and oil mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 20 min..
Sponge cakes are commonly made without fats, such as butter or oil, and leaveners, such as Sponge cakes taste good eaten plain, served with sweetened fruit, or iced with a simple glaze. Eggless sponge cake recipe - Sponge cakes are mostly made of Eggs, flour and sugar. They have a very light, fluffy and airy structure as a result of beating the egg whites to incorporate air. Traditionally the sponge cake is eaten plain, but you can also serve it with fresh fruit. The secret of this recipe for Chinese sponge cake lies in the fact it is steamed, which makes it very moist.