Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Victoria Sponge Cake.
You can cook Victoria Sponge Cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- Prepare of For Cake.
- You need 1 of . Self raising flour - 225 gm.
- Prepare 2 of . Caster sugar - 225 gm.
- You need 3 of . Eggs - 4.
- It's 4 of . Butter - 225 gm at room temperature.
- You need 5 of . Baking powder - 2 tsp.
- You need of For strawberry Jam.
- It's 1 of . Strawberry - 250 gm.
- Prepare 2 of . Granulated Sugar - 250gm.
- You need of Cream.
- Prepare 1 of . Double cream - 250 ml.
- It's 2 of . Powdered sugar - 1 tsp.
Victoria Sponge Cake instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degree celcious. Grease and line two 8 inch sandwich tins. Rub a little butter around and inside of the tins and side too. Add a little flour and coat it over all the butter or you can use baking sheet too. 2. Break egg into mixing bowl one by one, add sugar, sifted flour, baking powder and butter. Mix then until well combined using electric hand mixer. Don't over mix..
- 3. Divide the mixture evenly between two tin. Smooth the surface of the tin. 4. Bake cakes around 25 minutes in oven. The cakes are done when they're golden colour and it coming away from edges. Use thin stick to check whether it done. Let it cook completely..
- For Jam 1. Take of the stem of strawberry and mix with sugar and keep aside for one hour. If you are preparing cake better prepare the jam 2 hours before starting. 2. After one hour heat this mixture in wide pan for medium temperature. 3. It will start boiling once the strawberry cooked completely mash it and stir it continuously. Jam will get thicker. Once it thicken switch off the flame and let it cool completely before arrange this in cake...
- For cream 1. Beat double cream with powdered sugar in electric hand beater until it forms thick cream. Store this in fridge until cake get cool down if you prepare the cream before..
- Assemble 1. Once the cake cool down, place one cake upside down on plate and spread plenty of jam. 2. Over jam spread cream. Top with second cake. Top side should be up. 3. Sprinkle some powdered sugar ans decorate as you like..