Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist. A grandmother is fondly remembered as having a flair for baking biscuits and cakes - especially this cinnamon "Although I was very young, I still remember her. She was a no-nonsense lady with a sharp tongue and a fiery temper. We children knew to be on.
This nostalgic Victoria cake will provide you with a Cinnamon Nutella cake. Cakes like these are wonderfully therapeutic to make. Everyone loves a classic Victoria sponge cake, traditionally filled with strawberry or raspberry jam and whipped double cream or buttercream, but sometimes we like to give the classic Vicky sponge a bit of a makeover. You can have Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist
- Prepare 75 grams of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 200 ml of caster/granulated/refined sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 300 ml of regular flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of melted butter for the pan.
- Prepare 1 of flour or fine breadcrumbs for the pan.
Cut together butter, flour and salt with a pastry blender. These cinnamon sugar twist doughnuts are a cross between crunchy churros and soft, fluffy beignets. My Mom makes the best cinnamon buns. · Cinnamon Bread Twists have all the flavors of a classic cinnamon roll. This is where it all begins: what I am aiming to do here is get you started on cake making.
Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist instructions
- Melt the butter or margarine and let it cool..
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar until it is white and super airy..
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon..
- Add the milk and the butter, and whisk together..
- Pour the batter into a pan or baking form that you have brushed with melted butter and then coated in flour or fine breadcrumbs for baking..
- Bake in the oven at 175°F celsius/350F for 25-35 minutes. A knife or a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out completely dry..
The best bit is that from now on you are going to know just how easy it is. You can discard the egg yolks or use them for something else - perhaps a yummy. Classic Sponge Cake Recipe - Baking from Scratch Series. A good sponge cake is a is a must-have recipe on hand. It's often the base for many variations and uses.