Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Victoria Sponge Cake.
You can have Victoria Sponge Cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- You need 200 grams of butter.
- It's 200 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 200 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It's of strawberry jam.
- You need 175 ml of double cream.
Victoria Sponge Cake step by step
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and eggs (a little at a time) and the vanilla extract, mix together until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour mixture evenly into 2 greased round cake tins and cook at 180°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Once the cake is cooked and cooled thoroughly, whisk the cream until quite stiff and spread on one half of the cake. Spread the jam on the remaining half and place on top..
- Dust with icing sugar and serve as required.