Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Basic sponge cake. This is a tutorial on how to make a basic plain sponge cake. If you are looking for some extra flavor, simply use a few drops of vanilla essence or any. How to make a sponge cake.
Sandwich the cakes together with jam, lemon curd or whipped cream and berries or just enjoy on its own. This sponge cake can be jazzed up with whipped cream and seasonal fruit. This basic light and fluffy sponge cake recipe helps you create a number of delicious desserts. You can cook Basic sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic sponge cake
- You need 250 gms of maida.
- Prepare 100 gms of butter.
- Prepare 400 gms of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- It's 1 tsp of any essence of your choice.
It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this base. Basic sponge cake is one of the. Make a classic sponge cake with this easy recipe, perfect for everyday baking and occasions. Choose your favourite filling for this easy sponge cake - we've opted for lemon curd and whipped.
Basic sponge cake step by step
- Sift maida with baking powder and baking soda..
- Grease a baking tin with butter and dust some maida in it. Also preheat the oven to 170°c..
- In a bowl, take butter melt it a little then add condensed milk to it and beat well for 30 seconds or until well incorporated..
- Now add your choice of essence to the butter mix, I have added butterscotch essence..
- Now add the sifted maida to the butter mix and slowly mix everything..
- Now add water and make a smooth pourable batter, and pour it into a baking tin and bake it in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes over 170°c..
- After 30 minutes check by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean the cake is baked. Decorate the cake after cooling it for 2-3 hours with your choice of frosting..
Basic Sponge Cake is a yummy dessert, goes well with a cup of tea or coffee. Learn how to make/prepare Sponge Cake by following this easy recipe. Simple Yellow Sponge Cake - foolproof recipe for a fluffy, delicious Yellow Cake that rises evenly It has a soft, delicate, spongy and uniform crumb that absorbs the moisture from the cream very well. Easy sponge cake recipe for beginners. Watch the video how to make a sponge cake at home.