Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake.
You can cook Whole Wheat Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- It's 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- It's 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- It's 1/2 cup of dried apricots chopped.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Mix apple sauce and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Then add eggs, vanilla and carrots..
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Add baking soda and baking powder. It is important to add these ingredients separate from the rest but just before the flour as they will give your batter some air bubbles..
- Add the flour. Once it is completely mixed in, add the apricots and sunflower seeds..
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour..