Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Queen Victoria sponge cake. Victoria Sponge Cake is a two-layer sponge-like airy cake that is filled with a layer of jam and whipped cream. It is cut into small "sandwiches" and served in a similar manner. This simple cake was one of the queen's favorites.
Spread the strawberry jam evenly and carefully on top of the. The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, as reputedly it was her favorite cake. Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, who has been given credit for introducing the charming art of the afternoon tea was a lady in waiting to the queen who quickly adopted the custom of serving sponge cakes as part. You can have Queen Victoria sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Queen Victoria sponge cake
- It's 150 gms of all purpose flour.
- It's 150 gms of margarine or butter.
- It's 100 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon rids grated.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
Mary Berry's easy Victoria sponge cake recipe is a baking classic and a tasty tea-time treat. I usually keep searching for cake recipes on the net. I came across a very easy recipe with simple ingredients in Jamie Oliver site called Victoria Sponge. Divide the cake mix between the prepared tins.
Queen Victoria sponge cake step by step
- Beat sugar and margarine until Fluffy, add in the the essence and continue mixing..
- Add in the eggs one at a time. Add the lemon rids and mix well..
- Fold in the flour and don't over mix, use tin size 6..
- Bake in preheated at 180 c. Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean..
- Chill the whipping cream puratos or pristine for 6*hours..
- Measure 200 ml cream, and put in a glass bowl or stainless steel bowl, use a hard whisk or electric one and beat until stiff, level the cake, slice into two parts and place upside-down on a plate or cake board. Apply the cream to you desired design..
- You can color the whipping cream with edible color of choice, put the cream in the piping bag with a nozzle and do desired decorations.
An extremely delicate cake «Queen Victoria» is a dessert, which wonderfully combines simplicity and elegance. Gently cover it with the second sponge cake, which is also lubricated with jam firstly, then with cream. The surface of the third cake and sides. The Victoria sponge cake was named after Queen Victoria, who favoured a slice of the sponge cake with her afternoon tea. It is often referred to simply as sponge cake, though it contains additional fat.