Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Light and Airy Sponge Cake. Sponge cake is a light, airy cake that's leavened by the air whipped into the eggs, rather than with baking powder or baking soda. And to get good volume from the egg foam, it helps to warm the eggs and sugar first. I hope you liked the video!
Eggless sponge cake recipe - Sponge cakes are mostly made of Eggs, flour and sugar. How to Make Classic Chiffon Cake Ultra Airy and Light. Chiffon is traditionally made much like an angel food cake, with sugar added to the egg whites in careful additions to make an extra-foamy meringue, while the egg yolks are whisked into a thick batter with water, oil, and flour. You can have Light and Airy Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Light and Airy Sponge Cake
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 75 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 75 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 25 grams of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Vanilla extract.
There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil. Check my tips to make it perfect! You should cut the Italian sponge cake with a serrated knife when is cold. It's better if you prepare it the day before, wrap it in cling film, and leave it.
Light and Airy Sponge Cake step by step
- Separate the eggs into egg whites and yolks. Measure the sugar, and sift the flour on paper..
- Put the egg whites into a bowl, and whip well with a hand mixer. Add the granulated sugar to make a meringue..
- Put the egg yolks into a separate bowl, and whip with the hand mixer as well..
- Add the Step 2 meringue to the Step 3 egg yolks little by little, and mix with the hand mixer. Add vanilla extract..
- Sprinkle the sifted flour into Step 4, and fold it in with a spatula. Add the vegetable oil, and fold it in as well..
- Pour into the mold, and bake in a 170 ~ 180℃ oven for about 20 minutes..
- Insert a bamboo skewer in the middle - if it comes out clean, the cake is done..
- Add toppings to your liking. I put strawberries and kiwi on top this time..
A Genoise is a light sponge cake that makes a perfect base for many desserts. It can be a challenge to master but with my detailed explanation, you will be making these in Alternatively, place them in a bowl of warm water. Warm eggs will whip into a nice meringue giving you a lovely light and airy cake. A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. If you cool it with the top up, the cake will fall.