Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Light and Moist Sponge Cake.
You can have Light and Moist Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Light and Moist Sponge Cake
- You need 2 of Egg (whole), size M or L.
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- You need 55 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 20 grams of Unsalted butter.
Light and Moist Sponge Cake step by step
- Preliminaries: Sift the cake flour twice. Combine the milk and butter, and place the bowl a hot water bath (just enough to melt the butter)..
- After beating the (whole) eggs with a whisk to loosen them, add all of the sugar and mix lightly..
- Beat with a handheld mixer while placing the bowl over a 70~80°C hot water bath. Remove from the hot water bath once the batter is warm to the touch. Keep beating at high speed until it turns white and thick..
- Tip: When scooping up the batter and dropping it back in, it is best if it falls down slowly like a ribbon and disappears gradually..
- Mix for an additional minute at low speed. (This will make the batter shiny and finely textured.).
- Add in the sifted cake flour and fold it in with a rubber spatula. (Scoop along the edges of the bowl up from the bottom using big stirring motions, then cut once through the middle of the batter.).
- When it's still a little floury, stir in the milk and butter that have been melted in the hot water bath. Cut and fold until everything is blended well..
- Pour the batter into the mold that has been lined with kitchen parchment paper. (The last bit of batter left in the bowl and on the rubber spatula will not rise well, so add it to the edges of the cake.).
- Lightly tap the bottom of the cake tin to remove any excess air, bubbles. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes..
- After baking, lightly drop the whole mold from a height of about 20cm onto a countertop. Remove the cake from the mold, place the removed mold on top, and leave to cool..
- (Cooling it in this way will produce a moist sponge.).After it cools, remove the paper, and the cake is finished!.
- The sponge cake itself is sweet, so decorate it with whipped cream that's not so sweet!.