Delicious, fresh and tasty.
coconut vanilla rum pound cake. Be the first to review this recipe. While cake is cooling, combine sugar and water for glaze in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Cook the coconut, stirring frequently, until golden. If desired, you can use a simple vanilla buttercream instead of the rum frosting. In a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt; set aside. You can have coconut vanilla rum pound cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of coconut vanilla rum pound cake
- You need 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening.
- You need 3 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It's 3 cup of All purpose flour-also some for pan dusting.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Rum extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
I saw the recipe on the back of the Coconut Flour and tried it. This coconut cake was originally an Easter project four years ago, and it was a big hit. Since originally posting it, some readers have commented They all agreed that it was fabulous with loads of coconut flavor and yes, it is denser than a traditional "fluffy" cake, but that it was just different, not in a bad way. This coconut pound cake is very freezer friendly so if you wanted to make a few loaves or perhaps So here's the recipe for my Moist Coconut Pound Loaf Cake, and please enjoy!
coconut vanilla rum pound cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- with mixer, cream butter and shortening *if you do not have shortening 100% vegetable will do just fine*.
- Add sugar one cup at a time..
- Add eggs one at a time. beating after each addition to batter..
- put dry ingredients in a bowl and stir, then add to mixer..
- add milk. blend well..
- add vanilla, rum extract.
- add sweetened coconut flakes *may leave out*.
- pour into buttered or greased FLOURED tube pan. And bake for 1 to 1/2 hours..
- Do a toothpick test to see of toothpick comes out clean at the center of cake! And enjoy!.
You will need a loaf I also added vanilla extract to the lightly beaten eggs & for the topping I added about a teaspoon of. Creamy Vanilla Frosted Coconut Pound Cake an Easy, Moist perfect anytime Sweet Loaf. A Creamy Vanilla Frosting with a sprinkling of grated coconut makes it the tastiest. View top rated Coconut vanilla rum cake recipes with ratings and reviews. Banana Coconut Rum Cake, VANILLA WAFER CAKE, Coconut Cream Snack Cake, etc.