Delicious, fresh and tasty.
"Amandine" Chocolate sponge cake. Chocolate Sponge Cake is known as 'Amandine' in Romania. This is a very popular Romanian cake filled with either chocolate or almond cream. If you ever visit Romania, look for the "cofetarie" signs.
This was my favorite prājiturā - cake - when I was a child. Preparation: Sponge cake: Beat egg whites and water with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Romanian Amandine Cakes. rum/caramel soaked chocolate nut sponge cakes. You can have "Amandine" Chocolate sponge cake using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Amandine" Chocolate sponge cake
- You need of Cocoa sponge.
- It's 8 of eggs.
- You need 5 tbsp of superfine high fiber flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of erythritol.
- It's 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 of dbsp baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It's of Syrup.
- Prepare 150 ml of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of erythritol.
- Prepare 1 of tbps instant coffee.
- You need 1 of dbsp "Rom" essence.
- Prepare of Cream frosting.
- Prepare 250 gr of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 100 gr of butter, room temperature.
- It's 300 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 50 gr of erythritol.
- You need 50 ml of melted dar chocolate.
- You need of Vanilla essence.
- It's of Chocolate icing.
- It's 150 gr of dark chocolate.
- It's 300 gr of double cream.
While most amandine recipes online are based on a chocolate sponge cake, I felt the amandina cake layers should be a bit different, more special than just a chocolate cake. and so I went with a nut based. My first recipe recorded by PULStv. You can find the recipe @ http://www.rkhomemaderecipes.com/chocolate-sponge-cake-amandine.html Prima reteta filmata in colaborare… This cake is a very special one for Romanians of all generations. Everyone has grown up with it and once you've tasted it, you're bound to adore it.
"Amandine" Chocolate sponge cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray with coconut cooking oil and line a square baking pan with parchment paper..
- Separate the egg whites from yolks. Beat the yolks with the vanilla essence and the cold water until frothy..
- Put the egg whites in a mixer bowl and mix at first slow speed then at increasingly higher speed. Add the erythritol slowly, one tablespoon at the time and mix well until the mixture becomes frothy and creamy. Add the yolks mixture and mix until the colour becomes pale yellow..
- In a separate bowl add the high fiber flour, powder cocoa, baking powder, salt, mix well to homogenize the ingredients. Incorporate the solid ingredients mixture into the egg mixture by adding two tablespoons of the solid ingredient mix..
- Once the ingredients are incorporated. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and level out with a spatula..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until then sponge passes the toothpick test. Remove from oven, allow to cool for at least 30 minutes..
- The Syrup Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan on low heat and bring to a boil. Remove form heat and allow to cool..
- The Chocolate Cream Mix the butter with the erythritol until fluffy, add the mascarpone and the melted chocolate and mix well. On a separate bowl beat the double cream until it's stiff and it doubles it's size. Add the wipped cream slowly to the mascarpone mixture and mix until incorporated. Leave it in the fridge until the chocolate sponge has cooled..
- The Icing - place the dark chocolate and double cream on a microwave safe bowl. And heat until the chocolate melts..
- Assembly the cake Remove the sponge cake from the baking pan on a flat surface and with a sharp wide knife slice the sponge in two layers..
- Using a brush spread the half of the syrup evenly on top of the sponge..
- Fill the sponge with the chocolate cream prepared earlier, spreading it evenly on the sponge surface..
- Take the other half of the sponge and place it on top of the cream. Using a brush spread the remaining syrup evenly on the top of the sponge..
- Cover the cake with cling film and put in the fridge for two hours until the cream gets set. Remove from the fridge after two hours and place on a cutting board..
- With a sharp knife remove the edges and then cut in squares. Using a tablespoon, cover each square with the chocolate icing..
- Decorate with whipped cream and dark chocolate prices. Place in the fridge for two hours. Enjoy!.
It's a mixture of aromas with chocolate, rum and vanilla and it's incredibly sweet and soft. Amandine is a Romanian chocolate layered cake filled with chocolate with caramel and fondant cream. Amandine is a delicious chocolate sponge cake filled with chocolate or almond cream suitable for any ocasion. You have at your disposal all the ingredients you need and all you have to do is to use then as instructed. Show us that you are a great chef and cook the most deliocious and good looking.