Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Easy Oil-free Sponge Cake. Sift the flour two or three times. Line the cake pan with parchment paper. If you lightly grease it with oil, it will stick nicely.
Sponge cakes taste good eaten plain, served with sweetened fruit, or iced with a simple glaze. There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil. You should cut the Italian sponge cake with a serrated knife when is cold. You can cook Easy Oil-free Sponge Cake using 4 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Oil-free Sponge Cake
- Prepare 3 large of Egg.
- It's 70 grams of Sugar.
- It's 80 grams of Plain flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
It's better if you prepare it the day before, wrap it in cling film, and leave it in the fridge overnight. This Japanese cotton sponge cake recipe shows you all the details of how to make the most cottony There is quite easy and does not involve much technique. However, please pay attention when you The most common reason when the sponge cake is still uncooked after baking one hour is due to low. Bake a cake for an afternoon tea or coffee morning.
Easy Oil-free Sponge Cake step by step
- Sift the flour two or three times. Line the cake pan with parchment paper. If you lightly grease it with oil, it will stick nicely..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the sugar in 2 to 3 parts, beating well with each addition..
- Once stiff peaks form, beat in one egg yolk at a time on high speed..
- When it has all mixed together, beat for 1-1:30 minutes on low speed to smooth the batter..
- Next, add the milk and mix lightly..
- Then, add all the flour and mix together with a whisk. It should be thick enough to lift up and fall off the whisk. You can also use a spatula..
- Stir 30-35 times until no longer powdery, it's evenly blended, and becomes glossy..
- Pour the batter into the pan. Pour from a little high up so that air bubbles do not form in the batter. Lightly tap the edges of the pan 2 or 3 times, then bake at 170°C for 30-35 minutes..
- If a skewer or toothpick inserted doesn't come out clean, bake for an additional five minutes while keeping an eye on it..
- Once baked, drop onto a table from a height of about 20 cm to deflate..
- Flip upside down onto a cooling rack and remove the paper. Cover with a moistened and tightly wrung kitchen towel and let cool..
- Once completely cooled, place in a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator..
- For a chocolate sponge cake, use 70 g of flour and 10 g of cocoa for the 18 cm cake, and 50 g of flour and 10 g of cocoa for the 15 cm cake..
- To make a matcha cake, replace the cocoa with matcha powder (as in Step 14)..
We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Choose your favourite filling for this easy sponge cake - we've opted for lemon curd and whipped cream, but you could have jam. My Easy Sponge Cake recipe is delicious and quick to make. Use it to make layered party cakes, delicious trifles and more. My light and moist vanilla sponge cake is super versatile.