Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Simple Sponge Cake.
You can have Simple Sponge Cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Sponge Cake
- Prepare 175 g of self-raising flour.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 175 g of soften butter.
- It's 100 g of caster sugar.
- You need 75 g of light brown sugar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of cold water.
Simple Sponge Cake step by step
- Heat an oven to 180c..
- Grease a round spring form tin with butter. This stops the sponge from sticking to the tin..
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together until combined..
- Add the mixture to the greased tin and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-40 minutes. My oven isn't great so took roughly 40 minutes to bake through. I pricked it with a cocktail stick from around 25 minutes onwards every five minutes or so to make sure it was baked through and that I didn't over cook it..
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack..
- Allow to completely cool before cutting in half, add any filling you like. I used a sweet egg mixture (see link for recipe below). Decorate the top of the cake and sides with the same mixture. Decorate the top of the cake how you prefer. I just used chocolate chips for the top of this cake..
- Egg Filling Recipe! https://zcookpad.com/uk/recipes/11094457-sweet-egg-filling?token=mbB9iPhGD5VPQTGrCtM9RYB3.