Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking. Bake a cake for an afternoon tea or coffee morning. We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages.
It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise). Once you have this recipe down (you'll memorize. Vanilla Sponge Cake Best Recipe Ever You can cook Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking
- Prepare of Flour.
- It's of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of Margarine.
- It's of Eggs.
- You need of Icing Sugar.
- You need of Flavour(vanilla).
- Prepare of Egg yellow colour.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Milo.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It's of Cocoa.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Sprite(Special Recipe).
- It's of Orange(Special Recipe).
Opera cake French Chocolate sponge cake with TV Chef Julien from Saveurs Dartmouth UK. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. No chemical leavener, just air that is beaten into the eggs.
Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking instructions
- Get your egg yolk which must have been seperated from the egg white...Add a little sugar to the egg yolk(You can interchange with icing sugar), add little groundnut oil, add some milk which must have been mixed previously with water(or tin milk could be used), add flavor(i used oil vanilla flavor), add salt and whisk together..
- On the other hand, you sieve your flour and add it to the previous mixture...stir thoroughly and set aside..
- Get your egg white and whisk till it becomes foamy...Add half teaspoon of cream of tartar and whisk till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Now, you add up the cream of tartar mixture gradually into the other mixture...stir properly while mixing...Then add up a little baking powder..
- After mixing thoroughly, you divide the mixture into two large bowls....
- Next you butter your baking pans. Not forgetting to put in little flour and make sure it touches all parts of the pan.. At this point, you also put on your oven and proceed to do a 'hot water bath' by pouring water into the lower part of the oven(This is exclusively for sponge cake and my secret method so i beg to differ).
- To one of the mixture in the bowl, add your milo and cocoa...proceed to mix thoroughly till well incorporated.
- To the other mixture, you add your egg yellow colour and mix thoroughly too.
- If either of the mixture is too thick, i usually cut up an 'orange', squeeze to get the liquid out and sieve because of the seeds..Then i add the extract to the cake mixture. Or you could use 'sprite' in absence of orange(This helps to lighten the mixture and also acts as a sweetener..This is a secret recipe i adopted).
- Now, you get your 2 baking pans of different colours. You add up spoonfuls by spoonfuls of the 2 mixtures alternatively in an overlapping manner(This is to get the zebra stripes).
- After this, you proceed to put in the baking pans with it's content into the oven. Don't forget to time it!.
- You know your cake is ready for consumption when u put in a knife, fork or tester(whatever you desire) into the cake and it doesn't come out moist..
- The following are other pictures of the steps.
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. American Sponge Cake Recipe & Video. Take a basic sponge cake recipe to the next level with these When it comes to tea-time, a sponge cake recipe is the best way to go! The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart.