Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Victorian Sponge Cake.
You can cook Victorian Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Victorian Sponge Cake
- It's 300 g of self raising flour.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- You need 300 g of margarine.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- It's 2 tsp of flavor.
Victorian Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare your baking tin by lightly greasing and then measure all your ingredients.
- Sieve flour.
- In a bowl of stand mixee (or in a karge bowl using an electric mixer), cream together the margarine and sugar untill creamy and well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the essence.
- Using a spatula or whisk and gently hand mixing, fold in the flour little by little until just combined after each addition. The batter shiuld be smooth but avoid over mixing..
- Put your batter into the prepared tin and bake on 180°c for 35-45 mins.
- When cake is done, the surface should spring bach to the touch. Alliw to cool in cake pan for 5-10 mins before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.