Delicious, fresh and tasty.
You can have Sponge Cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It's 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter (lightly salted).
- It's 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
Sponge Cake step by step
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for about 4 minutes..
- Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients of flour and baking powder. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined..
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined..
- Pour into two greased loaf cake pans. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick insert in the center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes and serve..