Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Lime sponge cake. In a large mixing bowl whisk the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add lime juice/water and lime zest, beating just mixed. Top this citrussy sponge with lemon icing and candied peel.
This delicious glazed cake is flavoured with key lime juice and rum. A special treat for afternoon tea or dessert. Delicious homemade Lime Cake from scratch recipe with Lime Curd and Cream Cheese Frosting! You can have Lime sponge cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lime sponge cake
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- Prepare 200 g of caster sugar.
- You need 200 g of softened butter.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It's 200 g of self raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Lime buttercream.
- You need 1 of lime.
- You need 100 g of softened butter.
- You need 140 g of icing sugar.
In the end, brushing our lime cake layers with lime syrup and lime curd was the key to giving us a. Try this Fresh Lime Sponge Cake recipe, or contribute your own. Four lime and four coconut sponge layers are sandwiched with rum buttercream to create this piña Icing scraper. View top rated Key lime sponge cake recipes with ratings and reviews.
Lime sponge cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 170°c fan..
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy..
- Add the eggs to the bowl and whisk until fully combined and bubbles form. Be sure not to over whisk. Then grate the zest of both limes into the bowl and mix into the batter..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and gently fold into the mixture until fully combined. Take your time, being gentle with the batter is crucial for getting a light and fluffy cake..
- Add the juice of 1 lime to the batter and gently fold that in. The lime will slightly react with the baking powder to form bubbles in the mixture..
- Line two 20cm sandwich tins with greaseproof paper. Divide the mixture equally between the tins and spread evenly. While doing this be as gentle with the batter as you can be so you don't lose the air. You can see below how the bubbles are still in the mixture when this is done..
- Put the cakes into the oven for 20 minutes until golden and a knife or skewer comes out clean. Take them out of the tins and leave to cool completely, preferably on a wire rack..
- For the buttercream. Whisk together the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add the zest of the lime with 2 tsp of juice and whisk again..
- Spread the buttercream evenly over one half of the cake and then sandwich the other cake on top. You can then dust the top with icing sugar if you want to. Then serve..
First of all, I want you to know that in order to make this cake you will need a lot of egg whites. It's made with layers of key lime cake, key lime frosting & graham cracker crumbs! The cake layers are flavored with key lime juice and key lime zest. Although honestly, you could totally use bottled key. Small round discs of delicate sponge cake with jam and fresh cream in the centre and dusting of Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake from Bake or Break is bursting with sweet lemon flavor and filled.