Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Moist and Fluffy Sponge Cake (Genoise Sponge Cake).
You can cook Moist and Fluffy Sponge Cake (Genoise Sponge Cake) using 6 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist and Fluffy Sponge Cake (Genoise Sponge Cake)
- Prepare 3 of Eggs (large).
- Prepare 90 grams of White flour.
- You need 90 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 40 grams of Butter (unsalted if available) (or baking margarine).
- It's 30 ml of Milk.
- It's 1 tbsp of Water.
Moist and Fluffy Sponge Cake (Genoise Sponge Cake) instructions
- Bring the eggs to room temperature. Sift the flour 2-3 times. Line the mold with parchment paper. It sticks well if you grease the mold lightly..
- Combine the milk and butter in a container and heat up in a microwave. Melt the butter completely. Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Put the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar all at once and whip with a hand mixer (high speed) in a bain marie at about 60℃..
- Check the temperature of the egg mixture and when it's 36℃ (it should feel a little warm when you touch), remove from the bain-marie and continue to whip at high speed. Use the same bain marie to keep the milk and butter mixture warm..
- When thickened (about 5 minutes from Step 3 to this point), whisk slowly at low speed for about 3 minutes..
- It looks shinier than when you whipped at high speed..
- Change to a whisk. Add 1 tablespoon of water and whisk gently (by adding water, the flour will mix in easily)..
- Add the prepared flour in one go and whisk about 30~35 times..
- Remove the milk and butter mixture from the bain marie, and add a small amount of the batter from Step 8 into it and mix. It's easier to mix them this way than adding the milk and butter mixture as it is to the batter..
- Pour the Step 9 mixture into the batter from Step 8, and mix with a rubber spatula from the bottom 10-15 times. If the batter becomes creamy and shiny, it's done..
- Pour the batter from Step 10 into the mold. Tap it on the counter to remove air..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 170℃..
- When you insert a skewer and it comes out with uncooked dough, bake for another 5 minutes while keeping an eye on the cake..
- When it's baked, drop it from a height of 20 cm to prevent it from shrinking..
- Place upside down on a cooling rack, remove from the mold and peel off the parchment paper. Cover with a tightly wrung out cloth to cool..
- When it's cooled completely, put it in a plastic bag to rest in the fridge for 1/2-1 day. Doing so, the sponge cake will settle down and become easier to slice..
- Slice into your desired thickness..