Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Healing Lavender Sponge cake.
You can cook Healing Lavender Sponge cake using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healing Lavender Sponge cake
- You need 300 grams of self raising flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of dried lavender.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 200 grams of castor sugar.
- You need 2 stick of softened butter.
- You need 1 of mixed spice.
Healing Lavender Sponge cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 200c/400f and line or greaseproof a 8 inch cake tin..
- Blend together the butter and castor sugar..
- Separate the eggs and add yolks to butter and sugar and mix.
- In another bowl whisk your whites till frothy. This is what will make your sponge extra nice ;).
- Add your mixed spice and lavender to the cake mix. I prefer dried lavender but you can use fresh..
- Serve your flour and mix it all together. It should start to come together like a bowl dough..
- Bit by bit add your egg whites and mix hard till you have a thick cake mix..
- Add to your tin..
- Now as a kitchen witch here i say a little verse that I wish those who eat this cake have good health and healing (lavender has excellent healing properties) but this isn't a must ;).
- Place in the oven for roughly 20 minutes. Check doing the age old clean knife test..
- Enjoy your cake. Excellent with a good old cup of English tea :).