Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Chocolate sponge cake. Chocolate Sponge Cake - Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled - this sponge cake recipe is the one to have. Find out my tips and tricks to perfect sponge cake every time. Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe & Video.
Want to get new recipe updates? This chocolate Italian sponge cake is quite fast and easy to prepare, once you understand exactly what you have to do. Italian sponge cake (Pan di Spagna) is used in desserts like cassata, zuppa. You can have Chocolate sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate sponge cake
- You need 225 g of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 225 g of sugar.
- You need 225 g of plain flour.
- It's 4 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
Good Food reader Eve Scott shares this easy, foolproof recipe for chocolate sponge cake, perfect for a birthday, afternoon tea or. Chocolate sponge cake - Light, fluffy & soft chocolate sponge cake that makes a good base for decorated or frosted cakes. Sponge cakes are usually made of eggs, fats, flour & sugar. Mary Berry's moist chocolate sponge cake with rich ganache icing is super easy and deliciously naughty.
Chocolate sponge cake instructions
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy..
- Stir in eggs and vanilla..
- Add cocoa powder, fold in well. Add flour and baking soda. Fold until well combined. Add milk if required and fold in to achieve the desired consistency. The batter should be easy to level with a little shake..
- Pour into a lined 20cm cake tin (a larger tin will yield a shallower cake). Shake gently to level. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 40-50 minutes or until springy to touch. A skewer entered into the middle of the cake should come out clean once cooked through..
- Cook before removing from tin. Then cool completely before icing..
Make a birthday special with Mary Berry's chocolatiest of chocolate sponge cakes. Decorate with a quick, rich chocolate buttercream and top with heaps of fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries. A simple yet festive chocolate cake you can use for birthdays or just serve as a luxurious after-dinner A luscious and versatile chocolate sponge — although just another variation on the Victoria. recipes. Every baker needs a classic sponge cake recipe on hand and this chocolate one is a fine one to Set another cake layer on top, and repeat process with remaining simple syrup, frosting, and cake layers. Check out our quick and easy chocolate sponge recipe, using a super simple, all-in-one method.