Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake.
You can have Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake
- It's 1 cup of fig Puree.
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar+2 tablespoon.
- It's 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 7 of large egg whites.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For garnish (optional).
- You need as needed of Sour cream.
- It's As needed of Honey.
- It's As needed of Mango slices.
Fig/ Anjeer Sponge Cake instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and mix properly to form an even mixture. Combine ½ cup sugar, egg yolks, oil, vanilla extract, fig puree and whisk vigorously to form a uniform mixture..
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Be careful that the yolk doe snot break else you will not be able to prepare the meringue..
- In a clean bowl, take the egg whites and beat them either with a whisk or electric beater to form soft peaks. Now, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and continue beating. Again add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat till you see firm peaks. This is called meringue..
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue gently with the remaining cake mixture. Do not mix. Mixing will deflate the meringue, i.e. remove all the air that you have incorporated to the egg whites. Then fold the remaining meringue to the mixture gently..
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Pour the mixture to a baking paper lined pan and bake till a tooth pick comes out clean (approximately 50 minutes depending on oven). You can also use a microwave with convection mode. This cake has a tendency to deflate while cooling. So, I invert the pan till it cools down which results in lesser sinking of the cake..
- Take some sour cream and beat it. Spread the sour cream on the slice of cake. Take a mango. Remove the skin and slice it. Take one slice and then slice it again to thin slices. Gradually, fold the slices in form of rose to make the mango rosette. Drizzle some honey. Enjoy your slice!.