Delicious, fresh and tasty.
Simple double sided pan sponge cake. Spongy vanilla cake can be very sweet,but baking it without oven makes it interesting,and knowing you can bake a cake in a pan makes it more interesting, In this video,I will be showing you a simple recipe of how to bake your favourite cake using a double sided grill pan(magic pan). This is a simple sponge cake that can be made in no time at all with only three ingredients. What have you got to lose?
Sponge cakes are a unique type of cake made with no oil or butter! This cake is very light and fluffy but also on the drier side, making it perfect for juicy or runny fillings such as fruits, wine or fruit preserves/jams. Try this simple Sponge cake recipe that can be used to make other delicious cakes but also perfect on its own with your favorite jam for coffee or tea time. You can have Simple double sided pan sponge cake using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple double sided pan sponge cake
- You need 11/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 11/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of powder sugar/icing sugar /confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or blueband margarine(melted).
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It's 100 ml of milk(may or may not be used all).
There are various Sponge Cake recipes out there and each one uses different ways and techniques to achieve that spongy texture. Sponge cakes are best baked in a straight-sided tube pan without a nonstick surface. Most recipes use egg yolks as well as The volumes and sizes of these straight-sided tube pans vary widely. Many bakers suggest getting a removable bottom pan for sponge cakes for ease.
Simple double sided pan sponge cake step by step
- Take your double sided pan and a chapati pan then put them on the gas cooker... They should look like this👇.
- Turn on your gas and put it on low heat to preheat your pan. You can grease the pan or not as it is a non-stick.
- In bowl A, mix the dry ingredients: sieved all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another small bowl beat all the 4 eggs using a fork.
- Bowl B (main) measure your sugar and melted butter then add them to your bowl.... Mix them together till most the sugar has dissolved...
- Add your beaten eggs to the mixture the gently whisk until some light in color..
- Add your dry ingredients... 1/3 of the flour while mixing...You can add some mix if need be... Add carefully..
- If adding milk, start with flour into the egg mixture,whisk,then a little milk, whisk, flour, whisk, a little milk, whisk, then finally finish with flour..
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil a gently fold into the batter.
- Do not whisk for long as it may drive out most of of the air bubbles formed from the rising agents causing your cake to be flat.
- Pour your batter into the pan and add the heat for the gas cooker.. Bake for 30min and cool it in rack before frosting if necessary.
There is no baking powder You should cut the Italian sponge cake with a serrated knife when is cold. It's better if you prepare it Make sure that you brush some melted butter to the bottom and sides of the pan so the parchment. Besides the stove, you can use a waffle cake pan. Turn Cut this sponge in two layers. Brush or drizzle the sugar syrup on both sides of both pieces of sponge.